Developing Your Brand

What you write is not as significant as who you are as a writer. You are the brand for which your work is the product. Think about this: whether you order the tall, grande or venti latte, you went to the "brand". What are we doing as writers to build our brand? That's a target project for me so I welcome suggestions.

Here's one step I took in less than twenty minutes by creating products with my book image and promo line on Cafe Press. To my surprise it was a simple process, blessedly requiring no graphic arts or HTML skills.  Now it's up to me to include this link on all my sites and potential selling sources. I also plan to purchase the "official" Taylor Kendall Evil Inc Tote to bring with me for book signings and other author promotion events.


What makes these branded products enticing is the promo line. . . "Help us spread Evil". That makes you take a second look in the same way that my Health Coaching tee with my Before and After (70 lbs lost) photos are a walking billboard which often starts conversations that lead to new coaching relationships.

Keep in mind, it's all about the brand . . . how are you developing your brand as a writer?

No comments:

Post a Comment