Meet the "Godmother of Ethical Thrillers"

Dr Kathie Erwin & Professor Jane Till

May I introduce the “Godmother” of the Ethical Thriller, Jane Till, professor in the Applied Ethics Institute at St Petersburg College. When I shared with her the concept of my book, Taylor Kendall: Evil Inc, as a thriller but with more ethical issues than the usual blood, guts and police tape, she instantly proclaimed it a Thriller of Ethical Genre. From that idea came this new sub genre, the Ethical Thriller. 

She was hooked when I mentioned “guest appearances” in my novel from truly old school guys like Augustine, Dante and Machiavelli. During my years teaching as an Adjunct Instructor in the Applied Ethics Institute, I looked for ways to make ethical issues come to life for our students. That’s exactly what happens in this novel, where clashes of good v. evil and decisions made in the midst of those clashes drive this thriller. Taylor Kendall: Evil Inc is Applied and Mis-Applied Ethics set in the real world controversies that still swirl around Medicare fraud and patient manipulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment