iPhone for Writers

 My first iPhone is as exhilarating as getting my first car. Beyond the coolness factor are amazing apps that are useful in writing and coaching. This phone replaces several old standbys useful for blogging and other writing. I can record sudden inspirations on my iPhone "Voice Memos". It even has a classic old microphone and VU meter, reminiscent of my years in radio news.

Also amazing is the ability to instantly post on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn from my iPhone eliminating another random note in my calendar that may be forgotten.

The iPhone camera is surprisingly excellent. I can take photos on the spot to add to my blog or social networking sites. This camera also takes video, which I discovered by accident.

There are apps with basic dictionary, thesaurus and other reference books. Looking for free wifi for laptop or netbook? I can easily find those locations anywhere in the US with WiFi Get Lite app. I used this app to find free wifi near a hotel in Indianapolis where I'm participating in a confernece. Why pay $12.95 daily hotel wifi rates, when a short walk gets free internet. If I'm lucky, it's only a few blocks to Starbucks where I get free internet plus my favorite latte. Finding free internet sites for the traveling writer is a money saver.

Since acquiring this long awaited electronic wonder phone, I am iHappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment