Oxymoron Alert: Zombies

Why are writers dying to get into the zombie world? Even seasoned writer John Rehg invited the St Pete Florida Writer's group to a "lovely evening. . . with zombies". I warned John that this comment (lovely evening - zombies) was destined to be a featured oxymoron at The Write Twist.

Before even contemplating writing about zombies, I have much to learn. Do zombies text? My daughter, Kelly, says no because other zombies ate their thumbs. Is that the underworld version of the current cupcake craze?
Do zombies have jobs? The stalking of the living must get old after awhile, what else do they do?

What about personalities, do zombies retain their former personalities? At the risk of being politically incorrect, seen one walking dead person, seen them all. I'm going to stay with living characters like my evil doers in Taylor Kendall: Evil Inc. No zombies or vampires here, my characters do their blood sucking the old fashioned way; they bilk the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment