iPhone envy

If Freud were still around, he too might have iPhone envy. My condition is complicated by delusions that Verizon will eventually get the iPhone and avoid splitting my family into two camps (like rival football teams).
As a Clinical Psychotherapist, I might be able to make a case for Adjustment Disorder with Anxious Mood (anxiously awaiting the latest Verizon/iPhone acquisition rumor to become reality). I have already attempted the Droid cure which lasted for three miserable days. Perhaps I am not techie enough to grasp the value of this "iPhone wannabe".

The purpose (excuse) for this electronic angst is to become more involved in blogging, Twitter and Facebook. My iTouch makes that possible but only when near an Internet signal. Getting serious about blogging shows me the legitimate value of an Internet capable phone, not to mention the ease of carrying it around. I have already moved from laptop computer to netbook for easier toting so I can stay in communication with the online classes I teach and with social media. While my netbook snuggles nicely inside my chic Vera Bradley Tall Tote, it's still heavier than a hand held phone.

Thanks to small electronic wonders, writers can keep a keyboard handy to record ideas or avoid losing the inspiration that helps to complete a scene in the latest manuscript. I confess that I still carry a small notebook in my purse, however, there's a huge time advantage to getting ideas in cut/paste form.

Meanwhile, I remain in serious iPhone envy.

No comments:

Post a Comment